Photographers: It’s time to plan for the annual PRAS Photo Contest. The contest is featured at our December Potluck meeting and is a fund-raiser for the Youth Environmental Education Fund. This year we will again hold two contests. Contest A is open to everyone, but photographers who have had winners in previous contests in the past 3 years, including 1st place winners in Contest B, MUST compete here. Contest B is open to all others, and first-time contestants are encouraged to begin here. Both contests have had amazing entries in recent years. Join us! Show off your incredible work! The contest is open to everyone, not just PRAS members.
This year’s date is Thursday December 21. Bring your photos early – between 5 and 5:15 if possible so that we can be ready when the doors officially open for the evening at 5:30 and you can get in line for the potluck in a timely fashion!
The winning photos will be announced at the February PRAS meeting, displayed at the March banquet, and also on our website. Contact Eleanor Marr for more information at 941-6724-4182.
Here are the contest rules and information:
- Entry fee: $5 for one print or $10 for 3 prints. Unlimited entries.
- 8×10 color prints or black and white prints. Matting not encouraged.
- Subject of your choice, preferably nature related
- Photo enhancements are allowed
- No signatures on the front of the print, but sign (gently) on the back. Each picture will be given an identification number for voting purposes.
- The pictures will be displayed on black foamboard (provided) for judging
- Attendees of the December PRAS meeting will be the judges
- Winners will be announced at the February PRAS meeting.
- Photos may be taken home at the end of the evening, but may be needed for display if a winner. Also, keep a digital copy of each of your entries so that we can display the winners on screen.