Peace River Audubon Society
Hello Bird Watchers,
Charlotte County’s Peace River Audubon Society is one of 45 Floridian chapters engaged in grass roots bird conservation and community camaraderie. Becoming a new member is a cordial way to get to know kindred avian-spirited associates. We help each other enhance bird identification skills, preserve Florida wildlife habitat and share environmental knowledge. Membership can be a fun way to meet other bird watchers, exchange ideas, gain friendships and learn about bird species. Membership can be a boundless path to pursue boots on the ground volunteerism, become a citizen scientist or a policy advocate.
The Peace River Audubon Society Board voted to return to live member monthly meetings at the First Alliance Church ( 20444 Midway Blvd, Port Charlotte) on the third Thursday of the month in the fall of 2022. Although we will continue using virtual monthly board meetings on zoom. Field Trips and Walkabouts resumed last season and will continue this year. Our gatherings will follow Covid indoor recommendations and walks will follow outdoor recreational social distancing recommendations. We are looking forward to getting back to a new normal for the 2022-23 season!
We invite everyone to visit our website calendar to find the dates of our exciting local Walkabouts, interesting Field Trips and fascinating Speaker Programs. There are lots of opportunities to get involved by joining one of our various chapter committees and our annual Christmas Bird Count. Let’s go look for birds, enter lists on Cornell’s ebird system and make some new friends!
Looking forward to seeing you in person,
Bren Curtis, President
- Christmas Bird Count
- Backyard Feeder Watch
- Jay Watch – Florida Scrub Jay
- Eagle Watch – Nest Monitoring
- Shorebird Monitoring & Stewardship
- Ebird & National Audubon Migration Initiative
- East Port Easement Species Survey
Audubon Pennington Park Volunteers:
- Plants for Birds & Tree Signage
- Pollinator Garden
- Habitat & Trail Maintenance Wednesday Mornings
- Peace River & Water Quality Conservation
- Southwest Audubon Regional Conservation Committee
- CHEC Board of Directors Burnt Store & Cedar Pt.
- Everglades Coalition
- Wildlife Corridor and CHNEP Flatwoods Initiative
- Audubon Climate Leadership, SW Climate Resiliency
- Native Plant Yard & Garden Certification