Thursday, December 20. The meeting will start at 5:30 (30 minutes earlier than usual).
First Alliance Church 20444 Midway Blvd., Port Charlotte, 33952 We hope you will join us! Everyone welcome!
For the potluck dinner, bring your favorite dish to share plus your place setting(s). Join Peace River Audubon for an evening of good food, a fascinating speaker and great photography. Voting will be held for our 2018 Photo Contest. Both members and visitors are eligible to enter.
PRAS PHOTO CONTEST
Photographers: It’s time to get ready for our annual PRAS Photo Contest. The contest is featured at our December Potluck meeting and is a fund-raiser for the Youth Environmental Education Fund. This year we will again hold two contests. Contest A is open to everyone, but photographers who have been winners in previous contests in the past 3 years, including 1st place winners in Contest B, MUST compete here. Contest B is open to all others, and first-time contestants are encouraged to begin here. Both contests have had amazing entries in recent years. Join us! Show off your incredible work! The contest is open to everyone, not just PRAS members.
This year’s photo contest will be held on Thursday December 20, 2018. Bring your photos early — between 5 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. — so that we will be ready when the doors officially open at 5:30 p.m. for the potluck dinner. Attendees at this potluck dinner will vote on their favorite photos..
The winning photos will be announced at the February PRAS meeting, displayed at the March banquet and on our website. Check out the photos of previous winners in our Photo Gallery which is accessible from the website tool bar. For additional information, contact Brenda Curtis 615-477-9067 or email@example.com.
Here are the contest rules and information:
- Entry fee: $5 for one print or $10 for 3 prints. Unlimited entries.
- 8×10 color or black and white prints. Matting not encouraged.
- Subject of your choice, preferably nature-related.
- Photo enhancements are allowed.
- No signatures on the front of the print, but sign (gently) on the back. Each picture will be given an identification number for voting purposes.
- The pictures will be displayed on black foam board (provided) for judging.
- Attendees at the December PRAS meeting will be the judges.
- Winners will be announced at the February PRAS meeting.
- Photos may be taken home at the end of the evening, but may be needed for display if winners. Also, keep a digital copy of each of your entries so that we can display the winners on screen.
Wendy Sprague is our featured guest speaker and will present “Gardening for the Birds”
Wendy has been a Master Gardener since 2009. Her gardening interests have migrated from attracting butterflies, growing herbs, vegetable gardening, attracting birds and wildlife, tropical fruit, to planting for bees. Wendy is a dedicated naturalist constantly trying to id whatever it is she sees – whether it’s fish, plants or birds!